Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 users can now root their phones without needing you to wait for the trusted procedure. So, in the due course of this article we will see on how you can root your Samsung Galaxy Yon any of the current firmware. Please be informed that as soon as you root the phone, the warranty will get void and also you should strictly need to follow the procedure which is mentioned below. We have tried our level best to make these instructions as simple as possible. Also, in the due course of the article we will see on what exactly the rooting is and what are the merits and demerits of the same.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner if any damage happens to your device which is very unlikely if you follow each and every single instruction which is mentioned below. Also, please note that rooting the phone will void the warranty completely though the warranty can be reclaimed as soon as you update with the default firmware.
What is Rooting?
Rooting is basically a process where the access to system level files is given to the third party custom ROMs or the files so that the required customization can be made. Only rooting makes it possible to customize the phone the way you want to. So, let’s proceed and check out the merits and demerits below.
Merits of Rooting:
There are many advantages of rooting which we have mentioned in the below list.
- Rooting allows you to convert the current laggy file system of RFS to the faster EXT4 file system,
- It also allows you to remove the default applications which comes pre-loaded,
- It allows you to install the custom firmwares as well as the beta Stock ROMs from different country un officially.
De Merits of Rooting:
- If rooting process is not followed properly then you may even brick the device,
- Rooting voids the warranty, though can be regained by updating with the default firmware.
Now, let’s proceed to the next page where we will see on what are the quick list of pre requisite instructions for rooting.
Quick Pre Rooting Instructions:
- You need to create a backup of all the data which is there in the phone memory so that just in case of any data is lost or corrupted then you can restore the same back. With the below mentioned tips you can easily backup and restore the contents.
Notes – Backup in the mail so that you can then restore manually
SMS Messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts Stored in Phone Memory – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Videos, Images, Videos & Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
- Up next you need to charge your device with an at least of 60% so as to ensure that it doesn’t get turned Off in the process of the firmware update. After this close all the tools in your computer like the Antivirus suites, KIES and also the firewalls which are active in the computer or else these tools tend to interrupt the process of the firmware update.
So, now let’s proceed to the next step wherein we will see on how you can root your SamsungGalaxy Y S5360.
Procedure to Root Samsung Galaxy Y S5360:
- Before proceeding you will have to first up enable the USB Debugging in your phone which you can do from the path of “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”. You can also refer the below mentioned image to know more on how to enable the USB Debugging.
- After this, you will have to download the Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 Rooting Package from here to your computer.
- Now, you will have to connect the phone to the computer using the USB cable which you got at the time of purchasing your Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 device and need to then place the downloaded zip file as it is without modifying or renaming into your phone.
- After placing the file, remove the connected USB cable and then turn Off the phone so that you can then enter the phone in the recovery mode.
- The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume UP Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Refer below mentioned video to know more on how to enter recovery mode.
- As soon as you enter into the recovery mode, you need to select the option of “install zip from sd card” after which you will have to select the zip file which you have placed in the initial steps. Once you select the same with the help of the Power button, you will see that the rooting process will be commencing and within a minute the device will be restarted.
- That’s it, once the device is restarted the phone will be rooted successfully. Now, after this connect the phone to the computer using the USB cable and download the busy box and then you need to copy the same to your phone to install this.
- Once you are done with the above step, turn Off the phone and remove the USB cable which is connected so that you can enter into the recovery mode. The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume UP Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. In the recovery mode select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now option.
So, that’s it in this way you have successfully learnt on how to root the Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 Smart phone. Do let us know just in case if you face any issues in the comments section as we will try our level best to sort out the same.